Sustainable Schools

Untitled from Bernadette Lynch on Vimeo.

LLPS is part of the Sustainable Schools Program in Victorian Schools.
We have a wonderful reputation for being Energy Savers. Our Energy Busters do a wonderful job and we have all contributed to reducing our carbon footprint.
Today we learnt about another part of being a Sustainable School. We studied the topic of BIODIVERSITY.
It was a shock to realise that our state of Victoria is much different to the Victoria 200 years ago.
Question-Where have all the grasslands gone?
Answer-To the farmers so that we can lead our comfortable lifestyles.
What an impact this has made. The whole food chain has been changed. Some species are endangered and some are even extict.
Never fear, its not too late. We can make a difference. Our school can establish layers in our gardens and we can plant indiginous plants everywhere in our school grounds. We can have a lizard lounge and a frog bog. It is all so exciting!
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s start planning!

4 thoughts on “Sustainable Schools

1. Dear Middles
    I’m so impressed with your blog! I especially like the photos of your sustainability day, particularly the one of the feet! Whose feet are they I wonder? It looks like you had a great day. I enjoyed learning about the many different plants that we have in our garden from a group who were with Mrs Lynch.
    Keep up the good work team!!
    Miss Richards

2. I love seeing the kids out in the open, planting trees for their future and caring for the environment. Well done.

3. Dear Middles

I really like the idea of a Sustainable School. It sounds very interesting.

We have just finished our school year at our international school in Shanghai. We just recently celebrated Earth Day, and our third grade class decided that every day is Earth Day, not just one day per year.

I would like to see an ‘About Us’ page on your blog so I learn a little more information about the authors of the blog including your purpose for writing.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Mrs. Toa
    Team Toa
    http://teachers.saschina.org/stoa/