A funny adventure about a comment that went around the world.

This is a funny story that we can share with Mrs Lynch’s class in Quebec, Canada.
The adventure started in Moscow, Russia. Mrs Lynch’s brother and sister-in-law are tourists there at the moment. I asked Denise if she would ‘hit’ the blog so that we could have the Russian flag. She was very kind and left a comment as well. Somehow the blog address got confused and the comment ended up on Mrs Lynch’s blog in CANADA! Amazing!
Now the story begins to unravel…
Mrs Lynch in Canada made a connection..(we do this in reading). She realised that the comment was not meant for her class, but who could it be for?
Well- it’s a small world in the teachers’ blogging family. Mrs Lynch in Canada realised that the comment would be for Mrs Lynch in Australia- LLPS Middle Unit Blog in tiny little Lara.
So, a couple of emails went between the two Mrs Lynches over a couple of hours. We are pleased to announce that the comment has returned to its intended destination.
Wow- isn’t that a fantastic example of how internet communication has made the world so small.
What do you think of the journey?

Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 8.28.49 PMRussia to

Canada to

Australia

in a couple of hours!

Here is the much travelled comment.

Dear Class 102, My name is Denise Arnel and I am Mrs Lynch’s sister-in-law. I am a teacher too! At the moment, I am travelling through Russia with my husband, Tony, who is Mrs Lynch’s big brother. We are sailing on a boat through the lakes and rivers of Russia. The boat sails each night while we are asleep, and then each morning when we wake up, we are in a different town or village! It is a very different way of living here. At the moment, they have White Nights- that means that the sun sets at about midnight and rises again between 2.30 and 3.00 a.m. Only two or three hours of darkness each day! BUT- in the Winter that is reversed- can you imaging that?? Only two or three hours of sunlight each day! That would mean that the children go to school in the dark and have playtime in pitch black! Then they go home in the dark. I don’t think that I would like to be here in Winter, as it snows every day and the temperature is around minus 30. That’s because this city, St Petersburg is the
biggest city closest to the North Pole. (close to Father Christmas!!!) St Petersburg is a very beautiful city and it is known as the cultural capital of Russia. That means that all the best museums, art galleries and theatres are here. Last night we went to the ballet to see Swan Lake. Have you heard of that? Ask Mrs Lynch to tell you the story! It is a beautiful love story. The Russian ballet company is famous around the world. St Petersburg is built on canals and people travel around in boats. It is very much like Amsterdam or Venice. You are all getting ready for your term break. Enjoy your holiday. I will write to you all again from Moscow and tell you about the Mosow circus! Bye

7 thoughts on “A funny adventure about a comment that went around the world.

1. Dear Mrs Lynch,
    Who never knew that a small email can be so interesting! ๐Ÿ™‚ That is so WOW. Is there anymore new news that is just so GREAT!
    From Charlotte ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Hi Mrs. Lynch,
    This is an amazing post. I am so happy that I was able to find your email address on my computer. I did a “spotlight” search on my macbook pro and came up with it in seconds.

It is an awesome story! I like how you showed the path on your map. I’m not sure what you used to do it.

Thanks again for this post. Hope you have a nice holiday.
    Your friend in Quebec,
    Mrs. Mary Ellen Lynch

3. Dear Mrs Lynch ,
    I can`t believe that a little email like that could travel so far so fast ! It`s AMAZING.:-)
    Who would guess that an email would do that sort of thing.
    These days emails are getting to their destination in the blink of an eye.

From Ellen.

4. Dear Mrs Lynch,
    It is so cool that a small email can go all over the world. I would know! My family comes from Croatia that is east of Eurpe! Great email. Thoose flags looked very Interesting! Have lots of fun with it.
    From Charlotte ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Dear Middles

I couldn’t beliEve my eyes that the coment came from RuSsia then to Canada and then to Lara in only 2 hours, WOW

From Jess ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Hey Mrs Lynch,

I am happy to see that your email got so fast from Russia to Canada… It’s amazing how the internet works these days… imagine if you wanted to achieve this 100 years ago… it would probably take more then one month to have the mail delivered! Thanks for such a good read.

7. Dear Class 102,
    Well, what a funny story! Fancy my email travelling all around the world! And let me tell you another very funny thing! Next school holidays my husband and are I are going to…………………………………..CANADA!!!!! Perhaps we will see the other Mrs Lynch walking down the street!
    After I last wrote, we continued to sail through the lakes and rivers of Northern Russia, visiting many small villages. Many of the people were very poor and one day we visited a primary school. The children were all learning crafts so that they would have a job when they left school. They showed us their school, then performed a little concert and gave us afternoon tea. We paid the school and this is how they keep going. Imagine that! Their classrooms were VERY VERY old! and they didn’t have any nice resources like you have.
    Then we arrived in Moscow and the weather was a little warmer. It is summer in the northern hemisphere, but it never gets really hot in Moscow, just warm. We visited the famous Red Square and toured the Kremlin, where the Prime Minister has his offices. In Red Square we went to St Basils Church. You may have seen it on the news last week. It was celebrating its 450 th birthday. When the church was finished the king ordered his soldiers to cut out the architects eyes so that he could never design another church! The king wanted to have the most beautiful church in the world. My husband is an architect- I’m glad no-one has cut out his eyes! Ouch!
    I see that you are learning about transport this term. When we left the boat we came by bus, plane, taxi, taxi, train, train, plane, taxi, bus, plane,bus, plane, taxi. HOME!!!!!
    Have a wonderful third term.
    My next letter might be from Canada!
    Denise